Lengishu House, Borana Conservancy, Kenya
Lengishu is the newest exclusive-use offering on Kenya's award-winning Borana Conservancy. Perched on top of one of the many ancient Rift Valley ridge lines, the six-bedroom house is adorned with sweeping views across the Lengishu Hills and into the adjoining Lewa Downs.
With an ethos of understated luxury, in line with the conservancy’s core conservation values, the ecological footprint of the building has been seriously measured. Built entirely of sustainable materials and running on solar power for both electricity and hot water, Lengishu House mirrors Borana’s strong conservation and sustainability values.
This exclusive and private house is ideal for a family or group of friends who wish to spend time together on safari in Kenya, in a luxurious property and with fantastic wildlife at hand.
For families who wish to relax there is the option to stay at the house, play Pétanque, work out in the gym or relax in the pool. However the activities on offer at Lengishu are fantastic for the active and adventurous family; there is plenty to do here!
Game drives, bush walks, sundowner excursions and bush meals are all available at Lengishu.
- Take part in the ‘behind the scenes of conservation’. One spends the morning with Borana Conservancy’s anti-poaching unit, tracking rhino on foot and assisting the rangers to account for and identify the rhinos, something which is done on a daily basis to ensure their safety. Due to their fantastic action, Save The Rhino International has hailed Borana as Kenya’s newest and most successful Rhino Sanctuary.
- Interact with children from the local community on a village visit. This gives a unique insight into school and village life and, particularly for children, these personal and natural interactions really help to educate about other cultures.
- Borana Conservancy is fantastic horse riding country and two sets of stables cater for all riding abilities.
- Go quad biking along dried river beds with your private guide.
- Fly camp for a night, watch the stars come out and eat around the campfire before falling asleep with the sounds of African all around you, a truly immersive experience.
- Take a private helicopter with expert pilot-guide to explore the stunning Suguta Valley, Lake Turkana and the Chalbi Desert. One can go swimming in untouched lagoons, dune diving in the desert and have a picnic overlooking the valley.
- Visit the Reteti Elephant orphanage, the first community owned and run elephant orphanage at the foot of the Matthews Mountains, which rescues, cares for and then releases orphaned and abandoned elephant calves, whilst creating much needed benefits to the local people that live alongside them. Witness feeding time and take part in a guided tour of the orphanage.
For further information, please do feel free to contact Kate directly The Explorations Company for further inspiration and unforgettable safaris and holidays to Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Or, if you would like to just dream some more for now then you can by visiting our Video Library.
Video and images kindly provided courtesy of Lengishu House