Why are Alfajiri villas the most exclusive beachside villas in Kenya?
Alfajiri Villas are the most exciting coastal private villas in Kenya, offering an exclusive beach retreat ideal for those seeking a short stay at the end of an East African safari, or indeed a stand-alone beach escape or honeymoon!
There are three individual and private villas nestled on the edge of Kenya’s idyllic Diani beach and the possibilities here are vast. Your days are completely flexible, as is the cuisine, and one can indulge in the plethora of water- and land-based activities on offer or choose just to relax and unwind in your beautiful villa.
Alfajiri Villas are owner-run and managed and have recently been awarded by Harpers and Queen with the title of ‘best service worldwide’, a fine endorsement indeed! The owners Marica and Fabrizio are warm, welcoming and efficient hosts and organize your daily activities effortlessly.
Perched on the cliff-top overlooking the Indian Ocean, this villa offers a stunning view and privacy in your own self-contained home. This is ideal for families of up to eight with four bedrooms to accommodate adults and children, but this would be a perfect romantic get-away for two or indeed a fine villa for a small group of friends to take together.
- Phenomenal top-floor turret suite with a 270-degree view of the ocean.
- Two double-bedrooms, each with their own private verandah.
- Twin room which is perfect for younger children.
- Large verandah which wraps around the front of the villa featuring hand-carved sofas overlooking the horizon.
- Private pool to splash in or relax beside.
The Garden Villa
The Garden Villa is situated on beautiful green rolling lawns which flow from the private pool and terrace down to the intimate, talcum powder beach.
- Four bedrooms each beautifully designed
- Four en suite bathrooms
- Individually designed laid-back luxury in style with makuti roof.
- Stunning views out to the ocean and private pool.
- Ideal for four couples travelling together to take exclusively.
The Beach Villa
The Beach Villa sits only steps from the beach and is surrounded by palm gardens which offer complete privacy.
- Three double rooms.
- An additional twin room.
- Individually designed, relaxed-luxury style villa with large verandah open to the ocean views.
- Private pool.
- Ideally suited to two sets of friends staying together, or a small family.
Family holidays at Alfajiri Villas
Children of any age are welcome at Alfajiri and a nanny service is included in the price of your stay - the staff are wonderful at entertaining children to allow the adults time to relax! The chefs will prepare the children’s meals at any time to suit them, and will tailor the meals to the children’s tastes and requirements.
What can I expect from a holiday at Alfajiri villas?
A stay at the villas can offer bare-foot solitude and relaxation, or high-octane adventures; whichever you please! The team at Alfajiri will bend over backwards to ensure that your every wish is met and even exceeded. Most guests spend time on the secluded beach or simply relaxing in their stunning villa. However if you wish to spend your time doing something more active, there are lots of possibilities:
- Snorkelling or diving at the coral reef just offshore of Diani Beach.
- Swimming, paddling and kite surfing in the shallow waters off the beach.
- Indulging in the daily complementary massage.
- Visit a village local to the Diani beach area and my driver took me a short distance to meet with the exceedingly warm and friendly locals. I was able to visit a community project too and interact with the warm and welcoming locals.
- Taking a dhow safari with a private guide to explore the unspoilt Kisite Marine National Park, spotting dolphins and stopping at small islands and to dive the coral reefs of the pristine Marine Park.
- Deep sea fishing on a boat excursion.
- Learning to SCUBA dive with accredited diving courses.
- Sky diving.
- 18-hole championship golf course.
- Safaris to Shimba Hills to see safari wildlife including elephants.
- Quad bike excursions to Shimba Hills.